Today I was talking to my buddy David and he started telling me about the time he went bobsledding….and scuba diving…and on some Mexican Safari (which is a very odd story, but more about that later….) and I realized there are so many things I want to accomplish in my lifetime. Call it a quarter-life crisis, but I will be 25 this year and I feel like if I don’t step up to the plate now, I won’t be able to do these things later.
So, this brings me to my insightful “Bucket List” blog post. It’s a start to a list of things I would like to accomplish before I die. If you have done any of these things or you think there is something else I should try (I generally will try anything), please feel free to share your comments/insight.
1. Visit Venice, Italy and ride on a gondola.
2. Sit on a hill overlooking the Golden Gate bridge and watch a California sunset.
3. Go to the Olympics.
4. Write a book. (much like my friend Bob… everyone should go buy his book– it’s simply fabulous! )
5. Be my own boss.
7. Learn to play the piano.
8. Go skiing in Colorado.
9. Be a mommy and a best friend to my children.
10. Drive across the country.
11. Be a role model to someone.
12. Go to Disney World AND Disney Land.
13. Stay in a penthouse at the Bellagio in Vegas – hehe that’s just a fun one 🙂
14. Buy a house with a big wrap-around porch (with rocking chairs)
15. Sit next to Tom Hamilton while he gives a play-by-play at an Indians game.
16. Swim with dolphins.
17. Run a marathon.
18. Visit Sydney, Australia ( shout-out to Paull Young on that one! )
19. Travel Europe with my mom.
20. Own my own coffee shop.
So, there’s a start. Hopefully I can cross some of these off the list soon. But, I will probably add more to replace the ones I accomplished! Ahhh…. that felt good. Fellow PR folks and social media butterflies… sorry if this post bores you– but no fears, an insightful PR post is being crafted as we speak.