Sorry about my recent absence in the blogging world. My life has been chaotic lately… to put it lightly. So, I’m getting back into the groove and actually setting aside some time to work on this lovely little blog. I have lots of updates to share with everyone.
1. I’m getting married!! After about 4 years of dating, Aaron and I are finally tying the knot. I was 100 percent wrong when I told people that he would be buying a big screen TV before a ring. Sorry Aaron, I stand corrected. (note: the TV was purchased approximately one week after the engagement) We picked August 29, 2009 and I cannot wait! The wedding web site is in the works, the half-finished version of it can be found at www.abby-aaron.com.
2. I have OFFICIALLY moved to Cincinnati. I couldn’t be happier about the move and I am excited to be starting my PR career in such a great city. The social media ties are strong here and I can only assume they will get stronger in the future. Thanks to everyone who has helped with the transition– mainly Kevin Dugan. Dude, you rock.
3. Aaron and I are buying a house! Our apartment lease is up in December, so we are on the lookout for a nice little starter home somewhere around Cincinnati. If anyone has suggestions, please send them my way. I am a little partial to the east side of town 🙂
That’s about it for now. I have decided to change my blog a little bit. I am still focusing on PR-related things, but some personal things are also going to be incorporated into some posts. I hope everyone is okay with this. Don’t worry, I promise to deliver some humor. That’s all for now… thanks for reading. I will be back soon, I promise!
Read Full Post »
I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season so far. As a present to my readers, I have decided to write an entertaining little post. It isn’t 100 percent PR-driven, but it should make your Friday go a little better. Enjoy!
1. I have more than 1,000 views on my blog! Yippeeee!
I have found this whole blogging experience to be pretty sweet. I have the chance to write about whatever is on my mind, ranging anywhere from the 2008 presidential election to the Cleveland Indians. And, apparently people are reading it. Very cool. Bill told me at the beginning of the fall semester that I had the “blogging bug.” I laughed it off, but then it became a harsh reality. I am not joking when I say I have got up at 3 a.m. and thought to myself, “I should blog about this or that.” I must say it’s rather addicting and oh-so-fun at the same time. Here’s to another great year of blogging!
2. Go Team Cincinnati!!!
So, I am a bit of a TV nerd. Now that I have no classes to keep me occupied, I have been spending my weeknights in front of the television. As you all know, I have a love for Cincinnati. It’s one of my favorite places to visit ( and not only because Aaron lives there .) Clash of the Choirs was on television this week. For all you who don’t watch the cheesy reality shows, here is a quick synopsis. Celebrities go back to their hometowns and assemble choirs. Then, they fly to NYC for a week and compete for a grand prize of $250,000. The money is then given to the hometown charity of choice. In Cincinnati’s case, the charity was Children’s Hospital. It was quite a victory for Cincinnati, and all of Ohio. I was pretty excited about it– especially because the choir did a version of Garth Brooks’ “Friends in Low Places.” Take that puzzled look of your face and check out the choir’s version of the song here. I think anyone who can pull this off deserves to win.
3. Welcome to the blogging world Rob Jewell!
Everyone that reads my blog knows that I am very proud of the Kent PR program and all it has taught me over the past four years. I read Bill’s blog on a daily basis. Now, I am happy to welcome another great professor to the blogosphere. Everyone should check out Rob’s blog, PR on the run. Rob is a great teacher. He always encouraged me to do my best. He pushed me to excel, but always provided positive feedback. I am excited to continue my PR education through his blog. Bill– two professors down, how many more to go?
Okay, enough rambling for one day. Merry Christmas everyone!
For some sick humor, check out my new favorite Youtube video. If you are easily offended, you may want to avoid playing the video. But, I laugh every single time I watch it.
Read Full Post »